Sunday, October 30, 2011

veganMoFo day thirty: Allysia's Vegan Mac And Cheese

vegan MoFo day 30: Allysia's Vegan Mac and Cheese.


Allysia of The Real Meal posted her vegan mac and cheese just a few days ago. i love trying out new mac 'n cheeze recipes and wanted to give it a whirl. i can tell you this - it's one delicious way to start a sunday, that's fo 'sho! our food processor isn't the best, so the onion & garlic never achieved the status of smooth, but it didn't stop this cheezy sauce from being a truly scrumptious one. we used chickpea flour and soy-free earth balance and were uber pleased with the delicious results. like Allysia, i too enjoy greens with my mac, especially kale sauteed in olive oil and topped with a little red chili flakes. of course i had to add on a little Franks 'cause that's how i roll. thanks for a crazy delicious bowl of vegan mac and cheese, Allysia!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Woohoo for vegan, soy-free, gluten-free mac n cheese. Add the hot sauce and greens and I am ALL over it. That looks scrumptious.

Dawn said...

Day 30!!!! Just one more to go :D

eatingappalachia.com said...

Wait, wait, mac n' cheeze for breakfast?! This is why I love you so much Jessy!! I thought I was the only goof on the planet who did that :) That mac n' cheese looks fantabulous and I need to try it soon--been too long since I made a batch of any vegan cheezey goodness!

foodfeud said...

I would definitely have added some hot sauce to mine as well. Honestly, I'm a much bigger fan of the green sides than the mac & cheese itself but this looks great!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oh my goodness, I love mac & cheese. I have plans for what I'm making for Football Food sunday already but now I'm tempted to find a way to add in a mac & cheese.

Allysia said...

Jessy, I laughed when you said you ate this for breakfast!! :) Glad you liked it, and I love hot sauce on my mac! Or on anything, really. I'm glad the chickpea flour worked, I've used oat flour and other non-wheat flour to make a roux before and they all seem to work fine!

Erin said...

That is one tasty lookin' bowl!

awesomeveganrad said...

man, i love a good bowl of vegan mac n cheese! the ultimate comfort food!

Vic Robinson said...

always up for a new mac recipe! Yum!

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

Mandee said...

I shouldn't be looking at MoFo posts because I have no lunch and I'm so hungry, I want to eat this through my computer!

That looks like an awesome recipe, I'm going to try it too!

Melody Ann said...

I just made vegan Cheezy Chili Mac for the first time last night (and blogged about it because I was in love) and I think I'm addicted!

k said...

Ooh! I must try this soon. I haven't met a vegan mac and cheese I didn't like.