Monday, May 26, 2008

hooray for calzones!

since we had a lot of teese that needed to be used up we decided that calzones sounded about right. and they were perfect!

we used our recipe for pizza dough and for the filling: sauteed green peppers & onions with some tvp crumbles and i seasoned this mix with oregano, basil, and cayenne pepper. i added sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, and artichoke hearts to my calzone. dan also added some roasted red peppers and spinach to his - they were both awesome! we've got leftovers for dinner tomorrow night, too! hooray!

10 comments:

Mihl said...

These look yummy! I am sure that all this teese talk all over the web will soon kill me. I doubt they ship to Germany.

jessy said...

hey there, Mihl! cosmos vegan shoppe will ship international
(http://cosmosveganshoppe.com) - but i can imagine you'd be paying a lot for shipping!

Rural Vegan said...

I'm pretty sure that calzones are the world's most perfect food. So good!

Lovliebutterfly said...

Those look nice! I've never made calzones before. I'll have to make some!

Bianca said...

Yea for Teese! I just got my first Teese shipment in a couple days ago. I'm in the middle of a week-long local food project, so I can't eat yet. But I can't wait! It looks so melty and yummy!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

You are so creative! I recently purchased some items from Cosmo's but didn't get the Teese. I do love my Cosmo's shirt though.

pinkhairedcyn said...

Oh man, I love me some calzones! Nice cross section.

Jennifer said...

I haven't had a calzone in a long time! They are really good, a little pizza pocket. How come I never think of these things before the weather gets too warm for the oven? Argh!

I love your filling combinations, especially Dan's addition of the peppers and spinach, great idea!

And the photograph is drool worthy!

Erin said...

Those fillings pretty much sound perfect for calzones.

Alice (in Veganland) said...

This is the kind of thing I thought I wouldn't be able to eat as a vegan...Thanks for posting it! I need to get me some Teese...